Weight limit & load
Travel comfortably with an e-bike and children
Whether it’s a morning trip to the nursery or some quick afternoon shopping: there is usually little time for a relaxed walk with a balance bike or doll’s pram. And it’s better to leave the car in the garage anyway. This is why many of our e-bikes are approved for child seats and bicycle trailers.
There follows an overview of which FLYER models you can use to transport children.
Child seats & rack
A child seat takes up little space, is lightweight and can also be used on narrow roads and paths. The FLYER “Gotour3” family bike is approved for child seats. The rack can carry a maximum load of 27 kg.
The maximum permitted rack load is reduced by 8 kg if a trailer is used with the e-bike.
Child trailers offer a high level of comfort and safety. The windproof and rainproof tops let you and your children get a taste of the great outdoors, whatever the weather. Depending on the model, child trailers also offer plenty of additional storage space for shopping or for trips out.
The following e-bikes can be used with a trailer up to the specified maximum weight* (trailer weight + load):
|up to 40 kg||up to 60 kg||not approved|
|Uproc X |
Maximum approved system weight
(e-bike, rider, trailer* + load)
The maximum permissible system weight must be observed to ensure a safe ride at all times so that you can enjoy your FLYER e-bike for many years to come. This consists of the e-bike, rider, trailer* and all loads.
|130 kg||140 kg*||150 kg |
(high-speed models 149 kg)
|180 kg||250 kg|
|Upstreet2||Uproc X |
|Goroc X |
* Important information:
- Please observe the instruction manual for your FLYER e-bike (flyer-bikes.com/manuals)
- When using a bicycle trailer, the maximum load capacity of the rack or the maximum system weight is reduced by the maximum rear section tongue load of 8 kg.
- Bicycle trailers are only permitted for use on e-bikes with hydraulic brakes and aluminum rear suspension.
- Check out the laws in the country where you plan use your e-bike and accessories.
- A bicycle trailer may not be clamped to frame tubing or components (seat post, rack, etc.).
- The law forbids children under the age of 16 from riding a bicycle towing a trailer.
1 Use recommended with limitations
2 Compatible with the “FLYER child trailer coupling 166844”